How to Connect an Xbox One Controller to Your PC – If you are a gamer, then you must know that instead of pc some games are better to play with a controller. If you are expert in it, then you do not have to worry about how to connect Xbox one controller to PC, but if you are a beginner and want to know about Xbox one wired controller pc, then you are at right place.
Being a gamer while playing a PC first-person shooter games with a controller is a crime against humanity in some rules according to me. Playing other games like third-person action games and platformers with a controller is just fine. All you know that Xbox 1 controller pc is the solid option for pc gaming. So here is the guide on how to set up Xbox one controller on pc.
This article is separated in two-part that is one is for windows OS, and another is for Linux. So let’s start.
How to Connect an Xbox One Controller to Your PC?
Table of Contents
The Xbox 360 launched in December of 2005, and with it, Microsoft introduced XInput to WindowsXP SP1. Since then, in every version of Windows XInput has been combined into the OS to such an extent that any controllers supporting XInput are recognized automatically on connection and do not need to the download of extra drivers for working.
As you may have imagined, XInput controllers include the Xbox 360 controller and the Xbox One controller. Other gamepads from other manufacturers also support XInput like SteelSeries’ Stratus XL and Logitech’s F710.
So with XInput, you do not have to worry except when it comes to connecting Xbox one controller to pc. So here is a full guide on it with each step. Read it carefully.
1. Wireless controllers:
Compare to a wired controller, wireless controllers are a bit trickier, and you find it not very surprising. To connect Xbox controller to pc first you need an Xbox Wireless Adapter or a Bluetooth adapter for Windows.
A. With an Xbox Wireless Adapter
- With an Xbox Wireless Adapter, you do not need to do much more work. You have to plug the Xbox Wireless Adapter into a USB port on your windows pc and press the sync button on both the adapter and the controller until your controller syncs up.
- If the above step doesn’t work for you, then go to settings. If this doesn’t work, you’ll need to dive into your settings. For that in the start menu type Bluetooth and from the list choose Bluetooth and Other Devices Settings.
- Next, click on the Add Bluetooth or another device and choose everything else option.
Pick your controller from the list and all done with the setup.
B. With a Bluetooth Adapter
To connect Xbox one controller pc wireless via Bluetooth, you have first to update the windows 10 Anniversary Update. So if you have not updated Windows 10 or any other older version of windows or don’t want to update then, buy a compatible USB cable or an Xbox Wireless Adapter to connect with a wired connection.
- If you are done with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, go to the next step. Here you have to start similarly like the previous method that in the search bar type Bluetooth and select Bluetooth and other devices settings.
Note: Before you start the following steps, make sure that you have turned on your Bluetooth.
- Next, on your Xbox One controller press the Sync button for three seconds, then release it.
- Choose Xbox Wireless Controller, then click on Pair.
- All done! Your wired Xbox one controller for pc is connected.
2. Wired controllers:
For Windows 7 and up to plug in the device and done. In case it does not work then try another USB port. Even if it also not work then, go to the Xbox support for more help from the link given below:
Here is a video tutorial which makes your work easy.
And that’s all! It is all about how to pair an Xbox one controller to pc. Except something is wrong in your PC, or its components or your Xbox One Controller, then only you are not able to connect it. Otherwise, it will easily connect to your PC.
In case if you face any problem at the time of the process, use the comment section below to solve it. We will help you. If you like it, then share it with all gamers. Thank you for reading!